- two Preschool I classes
Children in the Preschool Program:
- talk informally throughout the day as they play
- build with blocks
- experiment with writing
- use playdough, paints, crayons, chalk, scissors, and other media to create pictures and objects
- run, jump, slide, swing, and ride the trikes outdoors everyday, weather permitting, or use our
- large play room
- participate in family style meals
- use the toilet independently, brush teeth, take nap after hot lunch
- learn about colors, shapes, numbers, and alphabet letters through playful activities
- practice solving interpersonal problems peacefully
- take walking field trips to points of interest
- participate in intergenerational activities with Schowalter Villa weekly
Each classroom exits onto patio, playground, gardens, and sidewalks that link the entire campus.
Each classroom has bathrooms, age appropriate furniture, variety of toys and educational supplies, storage for naptime mats, storage bins for personal items, telephone, and low window placement.